Catholic University of Leuven (1834–1968)

The Catholic University of Leuven, (Louvain in French), was the largest, oldest and most prominent university in Belgium. The university was founded in 1425 as the University of Leuven by John IV, Duke of Brabant and approved by a Papal bull by Pope Martin V. During France’s occupation of Belgium in the French Revolutionary Wars, the university closed by decree of the French Republic.

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *

Ce site utilise Akismet pour réduire les indésirables. En savoir plus sur comment les données de vos commentaires sont utilisées.